Thursday, 12 April 2012

Color Blocking

One of my favorite trends this season has to be the color block. I love that you can have a number of different colored brights in one single outfit. Thinking of how I wanted to portray my interpretation of color blocking, I thought of my nails. My nails are rarely without color and when I was thinking what color to paint them today, it dawned on me that I should combine the two. Now there are many variations of this look and I've seen quite a few. But I thought I'd walk you through the color block I've created on my nails.(Excuse the small cut on my finger, I got in a fight with a cheese grater).


What you'll need:


Two brightly colored nail polishes. I have chosen Rimmel's Urban Purple and Avon's Coral. I use Rimmel nail polish quite a bit as I find it works fantastically for me. 


You will also need a few french manicure strips, or painters tape.


Next, choose a few nails on each hand that you would like to be the 'color block' nails. I have chosen different fingers on each hand as I like to be a bit uneven. With your designated nails, place the strip or tape a little more than halfway down your nail.


Now, I have chosen to do contrasting colors on each hand. By this I mean, on my left hand, I have painted three nails in full with Urban Purple. With my color block nails, I have painted the lower and smaller part the Urban Purple as well and the upper and larger part with Avon's Coral. 


Once the color blocked nails have dried, peel off the strip or tape very slowly. Then, very carefully, commence painting the lower part of the nail.


Complete these steps with the other hand and voila! Color Blocked nails.

I have to be honest with you, my intention today was to post another outfit but once I got home from work, I craved something a bit less intensive. Thinking a How To would be that, I began the color block journey. This has been the most difficult post  I have done yet! Although I've only written about ten or so, the amount of time and effort that goes into a How To was beyond my expectations. But, with a little help from the hubby, I was able to conquer yet another hurdle and post these steps for you.

What do you think?

What colors would you choose for your color blocked nails?

C x




5 comments:

Victoria said...

I love it! :)

- Victoria
www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

Clara Turbay said...

Pure style!

Anonymous said...

Is it appropriate to put a clear over the finished nails?

Lisa said...

I love it!!! I am definitely going to have to give it a try! ^_^

Melissa said...

love it cass!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...