Monday, 9 April 2012

I Heart Vintage: Laura Ashley Dress



What I thought was to be a simple post about an amazing vintage charity shop find, is now so much more.


I bought this vintage Laura Ashley dress a few months back when, doing what I do best, looking through the local charity shops. It was hidden between a monstrosity of a prom dress and a very worn full length wool coat. I immediately snatched it off the rack and must have stared at it for five minutes. When I went to pay for the dress (20 pounds), the woman at the till couldn't believe it had taken someone so long to purchase it. She had said she remembered how important Laura Ashley had been in fashion when she first started designing women's frocks.


Prior to writing this post, I had decided to try and do a bit of background research on the dress, as I only knew the brand as being a stakeholder in Home decor and furniture. I ended up opening up a whole world of Laura Ashley!


For those who may not know....
Laura Ashley was a Welsh fashion designer. Her style has been characterized as romantic english with an often 19th century rural feel.


After Googling Laura Ashley, I discovered the Laura Ashley blog. I began reading with the intention to just 'skim' through but ended up engrossed in the amazing stories!


If you have taken the time to read my post, I urge you to visit http://blog.lauraashley.com and browse through the amazing history that this brand holds.










I wanted the photos to be simple as I wanted to show this dress as the pretty piece that it is. No shoes and only one necklace to accessorize. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!


Hope you all had a lovely Easter!


What do you think of the dress?


C x

4 comments:

Megha Varshini said...

i like the dress and also like ur previous post mint skirt :)
love
megha
http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

Stylish By Nature said...

This dress is amazing and i like your pictures as well :)

Enter 10 winner Harvey Prince ($550) Giveaway
♡ StylishByNature.com

kirstyb said...

gorge dress

Melissa said...

love the dress. you look gorg. miss your face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...