Wednesday, 23 May 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Five to be exact!


I've seen quite a few posts expressing favorites. Well, I quite like the idea so I am following suit!


Below are five of my favorite things. There is, of course, a reason why each has made this list today and I've detailed that below.


 My Canon Powershot S5 IS. It's the second one I've owned. The first was bought before I backpacked Europe and accidentally left in a portable toliet at a Moto GP race a month before. That night, I forced my dad to take me to Target so I could purchase another one. Four years later and this little baby is still going strong. I will be purchasing my first SLR camera in a few months time but I will definitely be keeping old reliable around. It's traveled the world with me.
 My Ray Bans. I'm taking them for a tune up this weekend as they are 35 years old. My mother in law gave them to me last summer and I've been in love with them ever since. I love not only the look of them, but the history that came with them.
 My wave tattoo.....
 I have a profound love of the ocean and have always wanted a wave tattoo. After many years of research, I found this painting. I had seen it previously but never thought it could be drawn as a tattoo. When I showed the painting to my tattoo artist, he got really excited as it's one of his favorite paintings. Needless to say he did an amazing job and I've always been extremely happy with it.


This Billabong t-shirt. As previously stated, I love the ocean and while living in California I surfed....A lot. Back then I didn't seem to have much appreciation for fashion and wore t-shirts like this with jeans and flip flops most of the time. It's one of my last 'surf' t-shirts and has always been my favorite. 


My shoes in a bag from Singapore. I saw these while travelling out to Sydney and loved them. On the way back to London, they were on my mind. As we flew standby, we had to wait for our names to be called which didn't happen until they had almost finished boarding the plane. I was a bit upset that I wasn't able to go back to the shop and purchase these when Sam suggested we go. When I asked if we had time he said it didn't matter and that he just wanted me to be happy.  Although I would have been happy without the shoes,  we ran to the shop, grabbed them and ran back to the gate just as it was closing. Not only do I love the shoes but it's just another reminder of how far my husband would go for me. Even over a silly pair of flats.


Those are just a few of my favorite things.


What are some of yours?


Happy hump day!


C x





10 comments:

caise said...

ohh that's soooo sweet of your husband!:)

Jullya Enrique said...

I'm from Brazil, and do not understand much English
but I loved your blogger, to follow, follow my?

Laia said...

woa! awesome tatoo!

http://prettycoatbylm.blogspot.com.es

Well... said...

Oooh, great favorites you have.
I just love the Ray Bans and cool tee!

Enter to win a $50 voucher for Dark Horse Jewelry!
Trendy Teal

LaraBeTheOne said...

amazing tatto!

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

nice!

devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

lucia m said...

loving your sunnies!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Jessica said...

love the tatoo! one of my really good friends did a painting of that in high school and i too have loved the work ever since! also the flat story is too cute, that is so sweet he would do that for you :)

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Lovveee your sunnies, and your wicket tattoo! That looks awesome! Did it hurt? I always adore that placement but it looks like a painful spot to have done!
xx


The Urban Umbrella
xoxo


http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Victoria said...

I love your tattoo! :)

- Victoria
www.Vickkitas.blogspot.se

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...