Thursday, 17 May 2012

Sweet as bro.

Sweet as bro: Second most common phrase in New Zealand after "awesome". Said when someting is rather good instead of just "good" or "OK"


Today's post is specifically dedicated to the glorious south island of New Zealand. Although I am so thankful for being able to experience the brilliance that the south island has to offer, I don't believe I saw even half of what I should have.


Growing up in the Pacific Northwest of the United States and then moving to Southern California, I have been very fortunate in my life to see so much beauty. I must say, my eyes were in for a treat. Sometimes, I found myself just staring at my surroundings, mesmerized by the beauty thinking it had to be a painting that I was staring at. I have never seen a place more beautiful than New Zealand and the south island only confirmed this.


Whales, dolphins, fur seals, snow capped mountains, the bluest of blue lakes, the brightest moon you'll ever see, friendly kiwi's, small towns, gorgeous landscapes, sheep, glaciers, waterfalls, crystal clear night skies, are just a few ways to describe the south island.


I've included some of my favorite photos from the south island below. Hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed taking them!!


 Kaikoura. This corner was our home for two nights. Not a bad view for the morning.
 Kaikoura. I fell in love with this town.
He was asleep sitting up for quite a while, then finally gave in and laid his head down. Sian and I almost took him home.
 Fur seal pups. They make there way to this waterfall for a week at time to learn to socialize. By doing this, they become very familiar with humans. We watched them play for a long time. And one almost jumped on Sian's lap!
 Kaikoura at sunset. Can you tell I liked this place?
 Fearsome foursome. Sam, Tom, Sian and me. I love the moon in this picture. Oh and this is Kaikoura... again.
 Love him.
 Our whale watch tour guide told us that these dolphins have relations multiple times a day and if you believe in reincarnation, this was the animal to come back as. ha!
 Watching the dusky dolphins.
 Sperm whale tale. Sperm whales are the third biggest whale in the world. We saw two!
 Arthur's Pass. This hike was treacherous. Sam had to literally push me at times. But the view wasn't too shabby.
 How much do you love New Zealand?
 Small pit stop at the lake.
 Every body of water was like the earth's natural mirror. It was so beautiful!
 Love this one.
 Our breakfast table at Lake Wanaka.
 Our home for the night. Lake Wanaka.
 Check out the snow capped mountains behind me.
 Chasing the moon.
 Like I said. Earth's natural mirror!
 The last of our natural wonder spots. Then it was on to Christchurch.
Right before we got to Christchurch, we found this bar out in the middle of no where. The couple were motorcycle enthusiasts (I love Moto GP) and they even had a pet eel!!! It was just another reason why New Zealand is amazing.


Where is the most beautiful place in the world to you?


C x

7 comments:

MelleBelle said...

LOve this...!

TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Wow these photos are incredible, you really have seen some amazingly beautiful things in your life!
That seal is SO cute, I adore seals - such cute & fuzzy little creatures!
xx



The Urban Umbrella
xoxo


http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Lisa said...

Such amazing photos! I would love to have an adventure there. I love the little fur seal pups! So adorable. Did you try to pet one??

Melissa said...

Cass! OMGeeee I want to go now. It's on Jim's list, gahhhh! I wish I could chat with you to hear all about it. Miss yo face.

Gabriele V. said...

Hello dear,
maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with GFC or via bloglovin? or even both?

wolffashion.blogspot.com

have a nice day!
gV

Anca said...

Your pictures are breathtaking especially the dolphin ones. The two of you make an amazing couple :D

http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

Anthea Lau said...

Aw very sweet photos with your beloved people and amazing scenic views <3
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...