Thursday, 7 June 2012

'My Corner' Revamp

In our bedroom, I have a designated corner. This is what I call 'My Corner'. I know it's not very original. This is corner is specifically filled with my belongings and it's where The Girl Across the Pond magic is created.


Over the weekend, I picked up a few things to spruce my corner up. Sam and I aren't able to spend a lot of money on these kinds of things as a month in China is at the top of our list, but I was able to pick up a few pieces.  


Here are just a few of my cool finds....



Make Do and Mend & Keep Calm and Carry On



I am completely fascinated by all things 1940's including the signage used in England during the Blitz in World War 2. I have always had two favorites; Make Do and Mend and Keep Calm and Carry On. Although Keep Calm and Carry On has now become a phenomenon, I still love it. I picked up both for my corner.



Picnic Basket


I have wanted a picnic basket for a long time. Last year, I was forced to use a blue cooler bag as my picnic basket as Sam insisted it needed to be 'manly'.


Well on Monday, I found a picnic basket at TK Maxx (it's the same as TJ Maxx) for 20 pounds. I knew it was destiny. After much deliberation (there were so many color options!) I chose one. I'm currently on a hunt for a matching picnic blanket.



Vintage Postcard
If you didn't already know, I love Charity Shops and Thrift Stores. I found a brown leather picture frame over the weekend and picked it up (our room hues are browns). When I got home and looked inside, I found this vintage postcard. I thought it was even better than the picture frame!


Those are just a few of my cool finds.


Stay Tuned....I'll be sharing My Corner soon!!


Happy Friday Eve lovelies!


C x

3 comments:

Miss K said...

Great blog! I am following you!

Scarllet Gonçalves said...

sweet pics :)
I love the second one
have a good day sweetie!
xoxo
www.scarlletgs.blogspot.com

caise said...

great finds :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...