Monday, 18 June 2012

The Obsession Begins...

About a year ago, I came up with the bright idea to start collecting vintage cameras. It seemed easy enough and to make my search quick, I could have just gone online and scooped up a whole bunch of vintage cameras. But that's not enough for me. I need the thrill of the search. And so my search commenced. It's been a long year but I finally found my first one!!!
During my weekly (yes weekly, but sometimes bi-weekly) charity shop perusing, I was looking for home decor type of items when I saw this brown camera shaped case. I immediately swooped it up and, after a minute or two, I finally got the damn thing open. I fell in love. My mind immediately began wondering what moments of whose lives this old thing captured.


When I got home I did some research and besides the Kodak Brownie, the Colorsnap was a very common camera to have. This one is the second model and was produced in Britain sometime between 1964-1967.


I am yet unsure if it works. I have loaded film into it and taken a few snaps and all seems ok. I am waiting for some nice weather to grab a few more photos before I attempt to get it developed. If the photos turn out ok, I'll be sharing them here.


I've found a few websites with photos from this exact camera and they look amazing! So let's hope I have the same luck!


Also on the lookout for: Vintage typewriter


What would you/do you collect? I'd love to hear.


C x


Hope you don't have a case of the Mondays!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

They look amazing!
Some of them must be difficult to find..
xx

http://undisclozetdesires.blogspot.pt

Miss K said...

A great idea to start collecting vintage cameras. The only collection I have consists of souvenirs (usually one defining object) that I bring home from my travels.

Can't wait to see the photos!

kirstyb said...

alway got a case of the monday! boo hoo!

Well... said...

Omgsh, that vintage camera is too perfect. Great find and research job on it!
I think collecting vintage cameras is a cool item to hunt for. Hmmm, I'd probably collect records. You know, those huge old vinyl ones? Yeah, something about them appeals to me. My dad has some and we even have a player for it! Haha so maybe I should try collecting them :)

Enter to win a $40 gift voucher to Ministry of Retail!
Trendy Teal

his little lady said...

oh gosh, collecting vintage cameras sounds like a dream!!! adore! need to get around to doing that!
xo TJ

TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Looks amazing! That sounds like a pretty cool idea for a collection, Vintage Cameras! Very unique!
xx






The Urban Umbrella

xoxo






http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...