Tuesday, 19 June 2012

She's Crafty

For some reason I lack the DIY gene that the rest of my immediate family seem to possess. My sister is the ultimate crafter, mom is the redecorating queen, brother is a master artist and dad, well he can build anything. So recently when I decided to begin my first DIY I was a bit sceptical. But ladies an gentlemen (drum roll please).... I've done it!


Now don't let this build-up fool you. It was only a bit of sandpaper, wood stain and washing machine fabric dye but dammit I did it!


Before
My mother in law gave me this ikea rocking chair and I've always had a disdain for it as it doesn't match the decor in our bedroom (where it lives). So last weekend, for the grand total of £10, I picked up the supplies I needed to give this baby a facelift. A little sanding, a little painting and a little sanding.....

This is what I got

And an awesome washing machine that did some fabric dying for me....

Voila!! My new chair!
 


P.S. I'm pretty sure Pinterest can take most of the blame for why I suddenly had the urge to be crafty. 


I'm now on the search for a new throw and some interesting pillows to jazz it up a bit.


What do you think? Are you a DIY-er? What are your favorite projects?


C x


Happiest of Tuesdays to you!!

5 comments:

Miss K said...

That's a great job; something to be proud of. Unfortunately, I am not DIYer - I don't have the patience but that's why I admire those who do!

inĂªs prates said...

I loveeeeeee DIY posts! And sometimes I am a DIYer! :D
I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring!
It will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! ♥

Arianna Luisa said...

Love ur blog,its so interesting!:)

Olivia McCaskill said...

Great DIY! Loving it.

TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Wow it looks so good! Great DIY!
xx



The Urban Umbrella

xoxo



http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...